UofSC and SC Ministry of Commerce Partner to Open Technical Assistance Center for Procurement
The University of South Carolina Office of Economic Engagement announced on September 23 its partnership with the South Carolina Department of Commerce to open the South Carolina Technical Assistance Center for Purchasing (PTAC SC).
The facility will provide South Carolina businesses with the resources and services necessary to secure contracts and subcontracts with the US Department of Defense as well as federal, state and local governments.
PTAC SC will provide assistance to each county such as:
- Identify marketing opportunities for customers’ products / services
- Advise and assist clients in the preparation and submission of requests, certifications and registrations
- Advise and assist clients in the preparation and submission of bids / proposals and post-award functions
- Auction matching service
- Search for subcontracting opportunities
“Many companies across the state have expressed an interest in learning how to do business with all levels of government,” said Ron Conner, state director of PTAC SC. “I am delighted that PTAC SC is helping provide the support they need to help them achieve their goals by providing them with sourcing consulting, marketing and bid matching services.
The office will also focus on research and assistance for small businesses, such as:
- Small disadvantaged businesses
- Small women-owned businesses
- Small business HUBZone
- Small business owned by disabled veterans
This facility is funded through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency and a partnership with the University of South Carolina and the South Carolina Department of Commerce.
For more information, visit ptacsc.org.