SEO Manager – Pedestrian TV
Group of pedestrians (Winner – Publisher of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards) is Australia’s leading youth-focused publisher. We reach a unique audience of over 4.16 million Australians per month. We host PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, Kotaku Australia and Openair Cinemas.
We bring young Australians the stories they want in all of their interests – from culture to technology, from business to games, from fashion to entertainment, from politics to lifestyle. And we create innovative solutions for customers that they won’t have anywhere else. Pedestrian Group is wholly owned by Nine Entertainment Co., Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.
We are currently looking for an SEO Manager to join our tight-knit and talented team in Sydney or Melbourne!
Reporting to the Senior Audience Growth & Insights Manager, our dream candidate is a skilled digital marketer who lives and breathes SEO. Ultimately, you will be responsible for increasing organic traffic to our sites by providing advice and developing strategies to be implemented by our editorial teams.
You will know your CLS from your LCP, be able to juggle stakeholders and their different priorities like a circus act, and be able to practice what you preach when it comes to creating SEO content if the situation lasts. ‘demanded.
The SEO Manager will have to:
- Work with our editorial managers and editors to further anchor SEO best practices into their team’s daily workflow.
- Work with our operations team and external developers / consultants to make sure our sites are solid from a technical SEO POV.
- Develop and oversee coverage plans for major editorial events.
- Perform keyword research to identify new traffic opportunities for each of our sites.
- Identify existing content that can be updated to generate more traffic.
- Make sure the posted content gets high rank, matches the intent, and drives traffic.
- Stay on top of content degradation by monitoring traffic and rankings.
- Create, manage and further improve editorial reporting products.
- Provide real-time optimization recommendations to editorial staff to maximize traffic in breaking news scenarios.
- Proactively find and recommend effective SEO solutions.
This extension calls a person with:
- Experience in keyword research and user search behavior that leads to information for content creation (media / publishing experience an asset).
- Strong experience with website, SEO and analytics tools (e.g. Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Supermetrics).
- Basic experience with content management systems such as WordPress
- Excellent spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets, Excel).
- Bonus points for data visualization skills (e.g. Google Data Studio, Power BI).
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Basic understanding and deep interest in all aspects of digital marketing (organic / paid social, SEM, email, lead generation) and how they intersect with SEO in a media / publishing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing SEO content strategies that increase organic traffic.
- Data analysis skills to consistently examine content performance, traffic, and rankings.
As an employee of the Pedestrian Group, you will enjoy perks such as corporate events, wellness programs, career development courses and a flexible work-life balance. But more importantly, you’ll be working alongside inspiring colleagues who will encourage you to give your best.
- Well-being – Our company’s Culture Club holds monthly yoga, meditation and tai chi sessions both virtually and IRL, and provides mental health support to all staff, so we are all Namaste Positive.
- Health and Fitness – Our Good Sports corporate initiative gives staff the opportunity to enter a seasonal sport of their choice. Whether it’s Netball, Basketball, Dodgeball or even ax throwing, it’s up to you!
- Charity and fundraising – Pay It Forward is Pedestrian Group’s charity and community program, where we use our unique set of skills to help raise funds and raise awareness of issues affecting Australia’s youth.
- Work-life balance – We offer our employees flexible working arrangements and generous time off options for major life events and travel.
- Career development – We offer our employees opportunities for personal and professional growth. Whether through our monthly PEDTALKS guest speaker series, e-learning platforms or in-person workshops.
- Social events and team bonds – The Pedestrian Group offers a variety of team bonding opportunities, team lunches, Friday-to-local arvo knockoffs, team activities, company-wide summits or just a regular barbecue on the balcony with a DJ and a cheeky marg station (socially distanced of course)
We work hard and party harder!
Working at Pedestrian Group gives you the chance to collaborate with a talented team in a dynamic work environment. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and career with one of Australia’s fastest growing digital media companies.
This is a full time position and will ideally be based in the Pedestrian Group offices in Sydney or Melbourne, but applicants from other states are welcome to apply!
If you would like to join us, send us the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal person for this position (feel free to be creative).
- Your CV.
We can’t wait to meet you!