5 SEO predictions for 2022 (and how to prepare for them) | by Kevin Gabeci | August 2022
Become the best SEO person you can be!
How to prepare for SEO in 2022
SEO has evolved considerably over the past decade. In today’s competitive landscape, search engines are moving away from algorithms focused on keywords and page ranking in favor of user experience. What does this mean for marketers? And how should they prepare their websites for this change?
Google is the king of search engines. Its algorithm has changed dramatically since its inception. The company now focuses less on page rankings and more on user experience. This means that Google wants to provide relevant information to Internet users rather than ranking web pages based on the number of backlinks or how often a keyword appears on a site.
The impact of these changes is largely unknown at this time, but over the next five years we expect major changes in the way consumers interact with search engines.
In this article, I share my predictions for what’s going to happen in terms of SEO this year.
1. Mobile-first indexing: Search engines have dramatically improved mobile indexing. They are now able to explore content faster, read text better and understand images. As a result, search results are becoming more personalized.
2. Voice search: Consumers use voice assistants like Siri and Alexa to find products and services. These devices can be used to perform searches without typing.
3. AI and machine learning: Artificial intelligence and machine learning are changing the way people communicate. We see it in chatbots, smart speakers and virtual assistants.
4. Relevance algorithms: Search engines are moving towards relevance algorithms. Instead of focusing on keywords, they want to show users only the most relevant content.
5. Content marketing: Brands should focus on creating high-quality content. It should be engaging, useful and original.
These are some of the top tips that I think will be important for SEO in the future.
If you want to launch your online career and start hosting your blog or website, then Namecheap is the best way to do it. Here you can get amazing deals by clicking the link here.
If you want to stay ahead of your competition, you need to start thinking about SEO now. Here are three things you can do now to prepare for the future:
1. Create a strategy: Start by defining your goals. Want to increase traffic? Increase conversions? Or maybe you just want to improve rankings. Once you know what you want to achieve, you can develop an action plan.
2. Build trust: People don’t trust brands anymore. If you want to build trust, you need to create authentic content. Focus on creating value for your audience.
3. Be human: Don’t try to game the system. Your website should reflect who you are as a brand. Make sure your content is written naturally.
4. Optimize for voice: Search engines are getting smarter every day. To beat them, you need to optimize your content for voice search. Use conversational language, use short sentences, and make sure all your links are clickable.
5. Be social: Social media platforms are still important. But if you want long-term success, you need to invest time in building relationships with influencers.
6. Improve your link profile: Link building is still one of the best ways to gain authority. However, new tools can help you identify sites you can link to.
7. Invest in video marketing: Video content is growing exponentially. It is predicted that videos will represent 80% of consumer Internet traffic by 2020.
8. Build a content calendar: Planning is the key to content creation. The more organized you are, the easier it will be for you to produce consistent content.
9. Measure performance: There are many different metrics you can track to measure your content’s performance. Google Analytics is probably the easiest tool to use.
10. Automate: Finally, automate everything! Set up email campaigns, schedule posts, and even automate your backlinks.
11. Stay nimble: As technology evolves, so does SEO. Always keep your finger on the pulse of the industry.
12. Have fun: It may sound cheesy, but having fun is actually very important. When you love what you do, you tend to work better and have more energy.
13. Learn from others: Read blogs, books and case studies. Find out what other companies are doing to grow their business.
14. Network: Finally, the network. Join groups on LinkedIn or attend conferences where people like you gather.
SEO is constantly evolving. It’s not something you can predict exactly what’s going to happen next year. So instead of guessing what to expect, focus on creating quality content today. This way you will be prepared for whatever happens tomorrow.
Did you like what you have read ? Why not follow my Medium newsletter so you don’t miss any of my next articles? It’s simple, click here, enter your email address and hit subscribe.
Do you enjoy reading articles on Medium? Consider becoming a member, there are plenty of features and you’ll get access to content from all creators for just $5 a month. Use this link, and you’ll also help me earn a small commission; click on become a member and enter your information.